34º INTERNATIONAL SPECIALIZED SYMPOSIUM ON YEASTS Simposio Internacional Especializado en Levaduras (ISSY34)
PRE-ISSY34 event: Cletus Kurtzman´s Workshop on Taxonomy and Systematics of Yeasts
Organized by Teun Boekhout and Marizeth Groenewald and dedicated to the memory of the great yeast taxonomist Cletus Kurtzman, this workshop is free of charge and will try to provide an update of the current impact of genomics into the field. Invited speakers include: Cathy Aime, Neza Cadez, Andrey Yurkov, Diego Libkind, Masako Takashima, Heide-Marie Daniel, among others.
Main talk: ANTONIS ROKAS (USA): A phylogenomic roadmap for the budding yeast subphylum.
ISSY34 KEYNOTE LECTURES CONFIRMED:
- LUIS LARRONDO: (CHILE) Optogenetic control of gene expression: putting some LOV and red-light action into yeast biotechnology
- KEVIN VESTREPEN: (BELGIUM) Looking at yesterday’s yeasts to brew tomorrow’s beer.
- ROSANE SCHWAN: (BRAZIL) Recent advances in cocoa fermentation conducted with starter cultures. “Graham Fleet Memorial Lecture”
ISSY34 MAIN SESSION SPEAKERS:
- JOSE PAULO SAMPAIO: (PORTUGAL) A population genomics perspective of the multiple domestication paths in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- CHRIS HITTINGER: (USA) The genomic making of yeast biodiversity.
- HIROSHI TAKAGI: (JAPAN) New metabolic regulations and physiological functions of amino acids found in yeast and their applications to breeding.
- LENE JESPERSEN: (FINLAND) Improvement of the quality of traditional fermented foods – hidden identities, small talk and gut feeling.
- NINA GUNDEN-CIMERMAN: (SLOVENIA) Greenland black bloom fungi.
- ANDRE LACHANCE: (CANADA) Metschnikowia mating habits.
- CAROLE CAMARASA: (FRANCE) How do yeasts manage the complex nitrogen resource during wine fermentation?
- FRANCISCO GIRIO: (PORTUGAL) Engineering and evaluation the performance of industrial C5/C6 yeast-fermenting strains on lignocellulosic hydrolysates – a solved issue?
- JOHN MORRISEY: (IRELAND) Contributions of genomic and genetic diversity to phenotypic variability in Kluyveromyces marxianus.
ISSY34 Sponsored Talks:
- DAWN THOMPSON: (Gingko Bioworks, USA) Leveraging the synergy of rational design in combination with natural genetic variation in a high throughput biological foundry for industrial strain improvement.
- JESSICA NOBLE: (Lallemand, CANADA) From grape must to wine: towards a better knowledge of yeasts achievements.
More info / Más información: